I'm HERE...
Yes, I am in Cape Town.
Things are still new and we have really only been doing orientation things, but overall its very nice! The weather is georgous...my campus is on a MOUNTAIN! Its just really beautiful, I hope to upload pics (once I take some) so I can show you how pretty everything is. I don't move into my dorm until Saturday, so I haven't seen my perminant accomodations yet, but I'm hearing great things!
Something interesting...driving from the airport late last night, I saw some of the townships. They are packed on to each other..and there are new homes in the neighborhood over. The contrast was vaste and definitely gets me thnking about what the racial relations in this country may be. Also about this 1st world, 3rd world notion...all in South Africa, all next door to each other.
Craziness, but awesome.
Alright, my internet is running out.
Peace.
Things are still new and we have really only been doing orientation things, but overall its very nice! The weather is georgous...my campus is on a MOUNTAIN! Its just really beautiful, I hope to upload pics (once I take some) so I can show you how pretty everything is. I don't move into my dorm until Saturday, so I haven't seen my perminant accomodations yet, but I'm hearing great things!
Something interesting...driving from the airport late last night, I saw some of the townships. They are packed on to each other..and there are new homes in the neighborhood over. The contrast was vaste and definitely gets me thnking about what the racial relations in this country may be. Also about this 1st world, 3rd world notion...all in South Africa, all next door to each other.
Craziness, but awesome.
Alright, my internet is running out.
Peace.
0 comments:
Post a Comment